Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's not you, it's me. But it's your fault. So, yeah, it is you. Because I let you. So I guess it is me. I suck.

Dear Internet,

I know we have a complicated relationship. Balancing work and pleasure isn't easy to do. And you're just so darn sneaky, with your social networking sites, word games, message boards, and paypal options. You lure me into hours of fun, fun, fun.

But September is coming quickly. I have kids who need to learn. I have lesson plans to work on. I have instructions for chicken mummification to look up.

I can't do this without you, Internet, but I need you to stop pushing all of these time wasters.

I promise I'll reserve some time for our favorite spots, but we really need to set some limits. Think of the children! And my grass. My grass still needs you.

Love,
Me

P.S. I am trying to work on a separate homeschooling blog, so that should be a nice little mix of fun and serious. For me. If it ever starts to seem like it might be interesting to other people, I'll make it public. Right now it's all lists of curriculum stuff, which nobody wants to read. I have a feeling I'll be getting a real kick out of it by the end of the school year!

1 comment:

kristin said...

Good luck. When you find a way to ignore the lure, will you let me know, please?