Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gluttony

I have a bit of an issue.

I love bargains, and I love school supplies.

I love them so much, that I simply cannot control myself from August to September.

I love them so much, that I'm wondering if I might need professional help. At least from a professional organizer.

Twenty cent polybinders. I'm on it. Ten cent notebooks. Who cares that I have ten or twenty (or twenty-eight) left from last year? Twenty-two cent crayons. I'm all over them. Free glue. Hello? FREE glue. Who in their right mind says no to free glue? Folders for a penny. They might as well be free.

This is just the stuff I was able to gather in 5 minutes. There's more stashed somewhere, but I probably won't come across it until January or so. Just in time to quench my thirst for more new stuff.


I will not go to Staples today. I will not go to Staples today. I will not go to Staples today.

I might go to Staples tomorrow. :x

6 comments:

kristin said...

Hello!? Are you opeing up a whole new school?

You do know that Staples has a website, right? You don't even have to venture out of the house - you can stay and watch your grass grow. :-)

kristin said...

And what's up with your word verification?

Most places require, like, 4 characters. I feel like I'm inputting my social security number to post a comment here. :-)

PearlsOfSomething said...

Lol. Only the best security for me! Keep an eye on your credit report.

I've found the Easy Button. It's called the husband. It turns out, my addiction is contagious, and now I can shoot a list to dh's Blackberry and wind up with even *more stuff than anticipated!

Plus, I have Staples, Office Max, Office Depot AND Target all on one little stretch of 611. It's incredible!

Ooh, I think I just drooled a little.

Amy said...

My kids would adore you. We must have hundreds of markers and crayons in this house, and they're always begging me to buy more.

PearlsOfSomething said...

Aw, Amy. They can come "make art" any time they'd like!

Just know that glitter is forbidden in my home. I'm not *that great a mom!

Wudja look at that- I have to enter 8 letters for word verification, myself!

Amy said...

Glitter is banned here, too. I have horribly vivid memories of what my kids do with it, lol.