Monday, December 22, 2008

Deep breaths

I am a procrastinator and a semi-perfectionist. It is December 22nd. The next 4 days will be the most chaotic of the year, and my house is a wreck. It is time to stop and count to 10 before I turn into Lois Griffin.

"You all think Christmas just happens. You think all this goodwill just falls from the freakin' sky, WELL IT DOESN'T! IT FALLS FROM MY HOLLY JOLLY BUTT! So you can cook your own damn turkey, wrap your own damn presents, and hey, while you're at it YOU CAN ALL RIDE A ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH TO HELL!"

4 comments:

kristin said...

Okay, am I a dork if I have to google Lois Griffin?

I've completely succumbed to chaos and clutter. I need the FlyLady or Clean House.

Anonymous said...

Oh Im so in tune with you on this one ...work my heart out and see it all disintergrate in a mid day feeding frenzy... ho ho ho (sigh)

Gotta go, Ive put off everything till the last minute...

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

That's too funny. Now I have to go google FlyLady.

Amy said...

The Family Guy is my guilty pleasure. I finally started wrapping today, and then immediately realized I didn't have enough paper, so I had to go buy more. I'm going to lock myself in my room tonight with the bottles of Capt. Morgan and Coca-Cola and wrap some more.