Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My armpits hurt

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a couple of Jillian Michael's workout DVDs.

Every Tuesday night, I sit in bed with my mini Ben and Jerry's or candy or chips or granola bar or whatever is in the fridge and watch Jillian kick fat people's asses. If she can get them to loose half their body weight in a few months, surely she can thin my thighs, tighten my tush, and boost my boobs!

30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones arrived over the weekend. I previewed 30 Day Shred and was quick to decide that the 5lb weights hiding under my bed were better left under my bed. The husband was kind enough to go out and buy me some wussy 2 pounders to start with.

Tuesday morning, the kids and I pushed the couch back, pulled the coffee table out of the living room, filled our water glasses, and got ready for our beating. We got through the warm up without anyone arm-circling anyone else in the face. We managed to make it through the first circuit of strength-cardio-abs before J announced he had school work to do. In the second circuit, I bonked C in the head with my 2lb weights which, apparently, aren't so wussy when they bonk a person in the head. At some point during cardio, M collapsed on the couch and H disappeared. H reappeared during the third circuit, after a wardrobe change. She came out dressed in yoga pants and a vest, which I guess was to serve as a sports bra. That kid can really improvise!

I chose 30 Day Shred because it's only about 25 minutes, which means I can fit in a workout and shower without too much difficulty. Plus, I prefer quick death to a long, drawn out ordeal. Even though I was told it's a tough one, I really wasn't sure how effective a 25 minute workout could be. After all, I used to spend at least 10 hours a week in the gym with little result. But this is definitely an ass kicker.

My calves are sore. My thighs are sore. My shoulders are sore. My butt is sore. My back is sore. My arms are sore. And yes, even my armpits are sore.

I only have one complaint, and that's on the abs workout. I'm just not feeling it. And, of course, that's my biggest trouble zone. I'll have to take a look at No More Trouble Zones and see if that's any better. But not today. Just the thought of getting up to put the DVD in is painful.

No comments: